Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Hate Math!!

I was always a student that was not very fond of math and I think the main reason why is because I had some really bad teachers. These teachers were not supportive of me and were not patient at all! They would get very frustrated with me when I didn't get a concept right away and I could see it on their face and in turn I would get frustrated with myself. I remember in third grade during math class I was staring at my book trying to look really confused so the teacher wouldn't call on me and I wouldn't have to say "I don't know," in front of class. She called on me regardless and embarrassed me thoroughly, so my self confidence in math has always been smushed by some pretty mean teachers. Not all my teachers have been bad though, but I have always had in my head that I am bad at math and always will be. This is an attitude I need to change before stepping into the classroom because I know I really want my kids to do well in math and be excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment